Christmas is such an exciting time of the year and adding those personal, handmade touches to your home is what makes it really unique.
I love making little DIY projects with my kids and using the things around us and in our natural environment to make beautiful things. It’s like bringing together bits and pieces of our lives and telling a story.
Today I’m sharing with you my absolutely favourite picks for DIY eco Christmas decorations. Most of these you can make with your kids if you want and I’ve chosen these because they really do represent the diversity of Christmas both here and overseas.
And if you don’t have time to do all the crafts that you want then you can find our handmade range of eco Christmas decorations here.
- Stick Santa’s – These cute little Santa’s make a great activity to do with your child. Go for a nature walk, collect some sticks and then simply paint them! They can then be used as decorations or for pretend play.
2. White felt heart shaped hangings – spread the love and make these cute little love heart shapes to hang up or use as tags for presents.
3. Christmas wreath made from Australian flora.
4. Felt pine cone elves – Kids will love these cute little pine cone elves.
5. Crocheted Christmas trees – These are so stunning! Find the free utube tutorial here.
7. Handmade hanging Advent calendar – Use natural materials and bags and paper to make a unique Advent wall hanging.
If you are looking for beautiful, handmade, natural and fair-trade Christmas decorations and eco friendly toys then check out our store Eco Toys.com.au here.